CHE Annual Conference 2015
CHE's 43rd Annual Conference was held at the London Friend office, King's Cross, 30 May 2015.
The Conference approved the Annual Report for 2014-2015, and the accounts (included in the Annual Report) for the year ended 31 December 2014.
Peter Scott-Presland reported on progress with writing Volume Two of Amiable Warriors.
The following motions had been circulated before the Conference, and were all approved unanimously by the members present (follow the links for the full wording).
- Motion 1: LGBT History Festival
- Motion 2: Millivres-Prowler photographic collection
- Motion 3: UK LGBT History Project
In addition to CHE members, three guest speakers took part in the debate:
- Tony Fenwick, Chief Executive of Schools Out / LGBT History Month
- Jeff Evans, historian and Academic Director of LGBT History Month
- Jonathan Harbourne, founder of the UK LGBT History Project
Two emergency motions were drafted during the Conference, and agreed by the members present.
A third emergency motion, on the closure of gay pubs, was proposed and debated, but rejected in a vote.
After refreshments, members watched CHE’s 1974 London Weekend Television programme Speak for Yourself (also viewable on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoirBVUSBU).